Mergers and Acquisitions
Often companies opt to move on to the "next thing" through a merger.
Mergers and acquisitions can be complicated processes, requiring great investment, while at the same time offering an opportunity for growth.
Five stages for effective management of merges:
Stage 1 - Setting goals, creating steering committee and information room
- Assessment of the overall strategy
- Setting targets
- Due Diligence
Stage 2 - Negotiation
- Is the transaction worthwhile?
- How will it be executed?
- What are the areas that will guarantee success?
- What regulatory approval is required?
- Agreement on the actual negotiation stages
Stage 3 - Moving towards Integration
- How will the companies be combined?
- Change management planning
- Operational integration planning
- Communications planning
Stage 4 - Integration
- Closing the deal
- Completing the planning processes
- Creating joint work teams
- Focusing on financial and strategic goals
- Reaching an agreement regarding the new organizational culture
- Empowering of capabilities
- Cultivating employee motivation and retaining key employees
Stage 5 - Evaluation & Control
- Ongoing evaluation and improvement processesם
- Implementing control and follow-up methods